Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Clogged Waste Tank
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
77newell

If there is no "water" coming out when all the appropriate valve handles are in the open position then either the valves are broken or there is a solid mass plugging the dump line. One way to find out which it is is to open the valves, ensuring that no liquid is appearing and run a snake gently up the open connection. If the valve is broken you will hear a plastic knock sound, if there is no sound when the snake stops or a soft sound then you know it's a poopy plug.

If it's the latter I think I might try getting a short piece of sewer hose attached to the outlet with it long enough to be turned up so its end is above the top of the tank. With the sewer hose horizontal run a snake in to just touch the plug and then raise the end of the hose above the level of the top of the tank and see if I can then get the snake to break through the plug. If it does break through you will feel liquid rising in the hose and you can quickly pull the snake and shut off the dump valve. Use a 5 gallon pail to collect the liquid while lowing the end of the hose. The next steps are obvious.

good luck
Jon
77 Newell, Civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote