Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Non Slide Newell VS Non Slide Prevost Values...what the heck is going on?????
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
Dave-n-Marjorie

I am quite sure Newell wholesales older coaches as their FLOORPLAN does not allow Rvs older than 10 or 11 years. It has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with "value". Every dealer knows that. I work for one. If Newell decided to renovate a 10+ year old coach, they would first have to get a high interest Floorplan for that coach, then pay Curtailment on that coach each month it does not sell from the time they acquired it counting the time they are fixing it up. When you count the time and manpower it takes to renovate one, it is just not worth it profitability wise, especially when you count dealer PAC they have to pay.

I'm on Manheim daily for more than 4 years now, and havent seen a good deal other than the one I bought. I probably looked at a dozen of them. Most all on there are repos that should be or are the way to being totalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaFe View Post
Great discussion...I love Newell Coaches but I'm a realist...
Have never seen or heard of documented > 1 millon mile Newell have you'll?
On the other hand 1-2 million mile Prevosts I have seen several.
Comparing Newell to Prevost is like Cessna to Bonanza or Craftsman to Snap On...etc
All great products but each different...
Market value is not set by owners or sellers, someone on this thread said to call Newell and see what trade value is...ask yourself why Newell blows out wholesale to MOT, Holland, Pantera, etc these old no slide and ten yr+coaches
Why don't they refurb and market them? Rare has no direct correlation to value that is a myth
If any RV's are a 'good' investment why do they have a history of depreciating Every year?
Enjoy them and keep it real!!!!
Note: look at history of Manheim, Adesa, and the other dealer auctions for Newell prices... that will sober you up...
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote