Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 77 Newell Repower?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #64
rellick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDustin View Post
Keith I give you props man, you did it! I know the Newell factory strongly urges caution on repowering coaches because it can be an expensive project. How many hours of labor would you say was put into the repower project?
Thank you for the kind words, How many hours?hmmm, not quite sure, there is a lot of factors that came into play, I could estimate about a hundred hours to do a repower, now if it was something I did on a daily basis it may be a different storey. If you include finding a donor vehicle purchasing it and removing the engine trans etc, we resealed and gasketed the engine cleaning and painting etc, I also reworked a lot of the coach wiring etc at the same time, its hard to say how many It actually took. My mechanic has around 100 cows and they were calving so he was in and out on the project, I helped him with a few projects he has, so I didn't really keep track of actual hours. I did it more as a hobby rather than a job because its something I enjoy doing. Was it worth it? For me it was because I like doing it and I am proud of what it is now. Now if I were to hire someone to do this, I would take it to a shop that does it a lot and they could give you a fairly accurate estimate. The coach still isn't finished inside but I hope to have it close in the next couple of months.
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote