Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell or Wanderlodge?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Knight View Post
Thanks for all your input. The positive response I've gotten here is great and you've all been helpful.

I joined over at the Wanderlodge forum and they were quick to bash their competitor. I posted over there and also read several old posts where they had a hay day going on about how the Newell isn't this and it isn't that.

They also liked mentioning the pricing of Newells and how the prices are controlled. Is this true?

I understand they are no longer in business but maybe that was due to poor business management or is the crash of the RV industry to blame?

I'm not into others bashing a competitor and I won't lie it turned me off a bit about the Wanderlodge motorhome and it's owners. I would never want to be apart and or belong to such a group of people if they had to go as far as some who remarked some harsh words.

I respect the fact that owners here left comments worth reading.

Thanks again,
Derek
Derek,

With regard to Newell controlling prices is a common retort in a Newell vs Prevost or BlueBird arguement. While Newell Coach controls the price that they sell a used coach for, they can not set the price on all Newells for sale in the marketplace!

Let's take an example: 2 Newells are for sale - both are 1995s w/175,000 miles. Joe Blow is asking $100,000 for his and Newell under cuts him by $20,000! Joe's not going to be too happy. Additionally, Newell Coach has to ask a little more to make room in case a potential buyer wants to trade.

If you think about it Newell is not trying to keep the price high; the market controls that. If a coach is priced too high it will not sell - so the market controls prices not Newell Coach.

One last thought: asking prices are one thing, selling prices are another!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote