Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1972 Chauffeur
Thread: 1972 Chauffeur
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
sopicki

WOW,

I was not expecting this many replies! Thank you to all who welcomed my wife and I to the forum. We are very excited to have found such a welcoming group.

Thank you for the wiring color codes and the line on bunk beds. We love all of the clever names, my wife especially likes hoosierdaddy!

Our intent is to make the bunks something like the foldable berths on a ship or train, something that folds up near the ceiling over the single beds. There is a picture of a berth hanging from the ceiling in the 1972 section of the Newell Showcase. NewellShowcase.com Newell Coach Photo Gallery, Newell Coach Photo Showcase, Newell Motorhome Photos, Newell RV Photos, Newell Photo Gallery - 1972 Newell Coach Album 4 This was apparently an option direct from Newell. I'd just like to know if the ceiling had to have some type of special reinforcing during construction.

Since we will be driving through Indiana on our way home, perhaps parts of HoosierDaddy's bunks could be used to create the berths.

We will research previous threads or start new one's for our specific questions as they arise.

Thanks again for all of the replies!
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote