Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1972 Chauffeur
Thread: 1972 Chauffeur
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #39
sopicki

Hello Newellers, I don't know what is going on with my technology but I've probably written 4 replies to this thread over the last couple of weeks only to loose it all when I go to post it. I usually just walk away thinking I'll figure it out later. I'm having to write this on my word processor and I figure I'll cut and paste it to the thread. Anyway, we got back from 10 days in the Carole Ann at the county fair where our daughter showed her horse. The beginning of the fair was my deadline to get much of the work done to the Coach to make it....just....livable. We're nowhere near where I'd like to be but since bringing her home we installed the refrigerator that came with her purchase, installed a new microwave, a new flat screen and a new stereo. I've still got some wiring to do like the electric trumpet horns, windshield washer motor and a new cruise control. Much of the wiring that runs around the front of the coach is a mess too and that will need to be straightened out. To answer NewellCrazy's question I probably had about 50 hours in trying to determine which under-dash wires went where and then repairing them. Most of the wiring was rodent damaged or just melted from a really bad short on the old choke circuit leftover from the original gas engine. Considering that most of the original wiring has been replaced with different colored wiring, the fuse and color code tables I've been able to obtain are pretty useless. I've been making my own wiring diagrams for each circuit as I repair them. She's running great but we need new motor and transmission mounts and I need to pull all the wheels to inspect the brakes and pack the front wheel bearings. I'd still like to tightenup the steering and buy a couple of new tires too. We replaced 2 tacky rose colored swivel chairs in the back with a jack knife couch and have replaced all of the rodent contaminated carpet. We plan on reupholstering the front seats, the kitchen cushions and the 2 rear couches this winter with Turquoise sunbrella fabric. My wife has replaced all of the cabinet hardware and scrubbed the daylights out of the coach from top to bottom. Since I have been having technology problems I haven't been able to post pictures so I started a Flickr account. If you're interested in some pictures of our progress you can follow this link: rhkopicki's photosets on Flickr In some of the pictures the new carpet looks like it has a shade of purple to it but that must have something to do with the flash, it's really a pretty dark gray. I've got an electrical question too so I will be posting that in the electrical forum next. Our thanks to all of you for your encouragement and advice!
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote