Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hello from Montana
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
77newell

For highway travel handling the longest legal coach will get you there most comfortably. For off highway handling you want the shortest coach you can live with. Since you seem to be most interested in "country roads take me home" John Denver style, it would seem to me you want the shortest coach you can live with for the length of stay you wish to have. For me the length of stay is a large determinant of what would work. I can live in a pop-up for a couple days, though my wife wouldn't. After that I would be really eager to have more of my own stuff. I once had a 28ft Airstream motorhome that we took into some pretty wild places, the limitations were more due to height than to width or length. The other limiting factor is weight, given its weight I took that 28 footer places I wouldn't even consider with my current 39 foot Newell. I love the Newell but it certainly will not reliably go, and return from, places we quite easily went in the Airstream.

Since you appear to highly respect the Newell's quality I would suggest you think about the characteristics of locations you wish to visit, define the motorhome characteristics that best fits those locations, and then determine the highest end manufacturer that makes coaches to those characteristics. Getting fixated on a brand best fits at the end of the selection process rather than on the beginning.. The question is what motorhome is best at doing what I want to do, not that I would like to own. If it does what you want to do you will like it in the end.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote