Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - UPDATE on our Trip across the USA.....6,000 miles and counting!!! Pics on Facebook
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Dave-n-Marjorie

Default Another Update - 14,000 miles since June and all is well!

Well, we are now in month 8 and have put 14,000 miles on the Newell. Coach has been PERFECT in every way. We replaced a $4 aqua hot relay, and a $3 air valve fitting. THATS IT! How many people can say they drove 14,000 miles in 8 months full timing in their RV, or even 5th wheel or travel trailer, and have only spent $7.00 on repairs??? Every once in a while we get the itch to buy something with slides, or a fifth wheel, and then think about the unknowns, the shake down trips, water leaks in the slides, and all the baggage that goes with a used RV and the unknown costs associated with it. We are so lucky to have found this coach!!!

I personally believe that if you live in a coach, its actually in better shape than if something sits. We use the a/c or heat daily, dishwasher 2 times a week, washer/dryer 2 times a week, not to mention both bathrooms, shower, ect… Best of all, this coach is DRIVEN 500 miles on average a week, been in some of this hardest highest drives in the mountains, weather from 16 degrees to 105 degrees. Not once has the coach over heated, or missed a beat. We usually don’t stay anywhere longer than a week. We keep the coach 72 degrees at all times, when the engine is on, the generator is on, and have even dry camped a few days each month. We average 8.2 mpg and have used 3 quarts of oil and not a drop of coolant or aquahot coolant.

Since my last post first of September, we have been to South Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoias, LA, Malibu, San Diego, Indio, Lake Havasu, Las Vegas, San Antonio, New Orleans and lots of places in between. Now back to Hilton Head. We are leaving next week for Florida and will be spending 4 months there, at The Great Outdoors in Titusville, and Fort Myers Beach in April. We are having a blast, the golf cart comes in VERY handy, and our little fiat 500 has driven 10,000 miles on this trip, plus has been towed another 14,000!!! This will be our first test of sitting somewhere for two months at TGO. Usually after a week somewhere we are ready to move on, but I hear it’s a fun place to go and winter at.

In May we will head to Washington DC for a week then NYC for a week, the to Maine. We will head along Canada back out west for a year, then its ALASKA Summer 2015!!! All will be in our Newell if I can just keep Marjorie out of 5th wheels!!! LOL

Please find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/asuperdave as we will continue to update with pictures from our travels.

Dave and Marjorie
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote