Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Whilrpool fridge
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
GORDON HUMMEL

John
I installed mine in Dec 2009. I was in So Ca visiting family, so I didn't do a lot of research. Lowe's had this one on sale because of a minor scratch. I originally vented outside, which was a lot more work, because I was concerned about noise. There is none! I am a fulltimer & hate noises & rattles. The ice maker & microwave are far more noiser.
I've had RV's since 1971 & have probably repaired or replace 4-5 of these amonia absorbsion units. They are small, don't cool well and expensive. I've even looked at house type propane units & they are really pricy & I'm not sure it would vent well in a moving vehicle.
I'm now in the process of reviewing the install of a hotpoint 15.6 cu ft with ice maker. While I will loose some room to the ice maker It will still be quite a bit larger. Additionally I will have the space available where the ice maker sat. I would gain 24% in cabinet space & I have OCD when it comes to space utilization.
The reports by some indicate that it is noisy yet other say it is fine. There seems to be 3 different noise levels from these apartment size units and I am still trying to understand what unit has what noise level. As expected the quiter units are more $'s, but more importantly they are too tall for my motor home.
John, I couldn't find any interior pictures of your coach. Mine is also a 91, and has a standard height roof, which as I undersand was not that common. If yours is taller, the height may not be an issue.
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote