Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1986 Newell seeking information
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #13
Bill & Sonja

David, in response to your question, what repairs I have done to our Newell. There has been nothing major but a few things that are no surprise for an 87 coach. To list what I remember at the moment:
I had the local Detroit dealer inspect all systems and change all fluids and filters. Found and tightened a few coolant leaks. Replace and add a relay to the headlight switch, replace the off/on switch for the hot-water tank, replace the high limit switch for the hot-water tank. Remove and plastic weld the waste water tank due to the deodorizer thru tank fittings rusting out (this is no fun when you have to hire it done on the road). Replace maxi-pod rubber seal (brake system air leak). Replace tag air bag. Replace old valves and seals on SeaLand toilet. Replace Grohe faucet parts (no charge for parts from dealer). Added a small auxiliary inverter till I figured out the factory one still worked fine. Re built the alternator. Rebuilt the generator starter. Replace tires and batteries as needed. I added solar panels. I still have the low coolant sending unit to replace. Replace constant duty solenoid on the battery merge circuit. Ongoing search for supply side air leaks. Changed a non-functioning interior light over to LED. That's what I remember for the moment. Our coach had been well maintained and serviced regularly by Newell for much of it's life. This may give you a flavour for the kind of things you might have to deal with. We have been fortunate not to have any issues with the power train, and everything there looks excellent for the future. Feel free to private message me if you wish. Bill
Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote