Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - GPS - Truck Oriented Model Useful for RVs
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
GSrdr

Default GPS - Truck Oriented Model Useful for RVs

This may reveal the nerd in me, I have been using Garmin GPS units for years now. I use their Mapsource software to plan routes, and to catalog the track files of where I've been. I save waypoints from all the places I've enjoyed. I even use Google Earth to plan the most scenic options before a trip. Too much? Maybe, but I enjoy planning and reviewing the wonders that US & Canada offer.

Garmin has been offering a Truck specific GPS unit. You program the height of your rig and the routes suggested by the GPS avoid any low bridges and tunnels. You will also be warned if you pick a route that will get you into trouble.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=275&pID=31541

Garmin maps are easily updated for the life of the unit, with the additional purchase of a $79 card. These quarterly updates will help keep you on the best route, and out of trouble.

Wouldn't it be nice to know that the road you have selected allows your Newell to easily fit? The new ride height of 13' 3" just won't make it on some backroads.
Attached Images

GSrdr is offline   Reply With Quote