Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 10
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Neweller

Q
1218 2/4/2004 10:09:46 AM 2/5/2004 Don Koenig donkoenig@juno.com Guages & Shutdown My 1984 with a Detriot 8V92 has wires at the rear terminal panel labelled "engine oil temperature" & "transmission temperature". Wires with the same markings are labelled "open" on the front terminal. I can see a sensor in the oil pan so what is the proper guage for oil temperature and the proper guage for transmission temperature? Guages have to match the sensor for accurate readings.
A switch on the dashboard is labelled "override". What does this spring loaded normally closed switch control? Detriot diesel documentation mentions a "hot wire relay" in the shutdown loop prior to 1988. Is such a relay used and where is it? I ask because a normally open high temperature sensor is on the driver side of the engine. It is provided power by the engine battery ( from the rear panel terminal labelled "Ignition fuel valve")and the output is wired to the shutdown solenoid. I do not see how a high temperature shutdown can be "overriden" on my coach. The high temperature sensor is not the original so some prior owner might have defeated the prior "override" capability. The orignal high temperature sensor would illumunate the high temperature light on the dash. Did that same wire go to a "hot wire relay" somewhere? I would like to restore the "override" capability if I can.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote