Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Outdoor Lights
Thread: Outdoor Lights
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
chockwald

Depends on the application. I have found that the LED reading lights I replaced are actually brighter than the old incandescent ones, and register almost NO power drain. So far I have installed 5 of the reading light fixtures, and changed the bulbs in the two over the cockpit area from incandescent bulbs to LED's and they put out great light. One key, and no doubt you discovered this on their site, is that the more you pay, the more "lumens" you get. I wasn't sure how many lumens I needed so there was a little trial and error until I found the LED bulbs that most closely matched the brightness (lumens) I already had, but they were expensive.

I also replaced the "aisle" lights (look like license plate lights), and the light that luminates the stairway (also a license plate light). These replacements are just as bright, if not brighter.

Now, the one area where I had about 12 incandescent bulbs (automotive type) to replace on the overhead storage compartment doors above my couch I found that the bulbs I chose do NOT put out equivelant light, however, my wife likes the softer light. I could upgrade to more expensive bulbs, and may, but for right now we are happy with the effect. The picture below is of the sconces before we replaced the bulbs. If you were sitting below them the light kind of glared in your eyes, and Elaine found the old bulbs irritating. I'll try to get a picture of them after the change. Those 12 incandescent bulbs really put off heat, and drew about 5 amps, or more!
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote