Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - scs basement air unit replacement
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
dave

Sorry Ken I did not take photos I first removed the existing connectors, carefully cleaned out the vacant holes by hand with a 1/16th drill bit, stripped about 3/4 inch off a one foot piece of wire and started clipping strands off until it fit snuggly into the hole. I then used two pieces of 1 inch Styrofoam pipe insulation 6 inches long ( the kind with a slit down one side) inserting the end edges of the board into the slits thus standing the board on its side so I could work on both sides at once but still had to rely on my wife to steady the board while I applied pressure with the gun on the top side and solder on the bottom I clipped off the excess wire on the bottom then reversed the gun and solder to firm up the top side connection. I repeated the process on the other three wires I then cut off about half of the wire, stripped the ends, installed the board and connected the #10 solid wire to the #12 stranded wire with wire nuts. So far so good but another problem has popped up in the front heater Thanks for all the advise and support Dave
dave is offline   Reply With Quote