Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Crash worthiness vs. Prevost
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
Neweller

Either way you look at it, something of this nature is not a pretty site and I hope it never happens to anyone. I think because of the Newell having a heavier bridge frame lower section should fair better on a low end hit, which would be the most common. I believe the bus design like a Prevost or MCI could fair better in a complete roll-over, which would be rare for such a heavy beast. Most rolls are onto the side. If you're going down a canyon, I wouldn't want to know. These are heavy rigs and the more you weigh the harder the hit is going to be into something solid. The chance of hitting a concrete wall is probably about like winning the lottery. But, then again a head-on will be an ugly sight no matter what you are in. A motorhome will also have a lot of other pieces that can come loose to cause injury, so great securement and storage are of utmost importance. Which confirms to me why I would not want a shatter-box.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote