Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air leaks in my 1987.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
fulltiming

Jennifer, you have a number of issues with your air system. First, the brake air pressure leaking down at the same rate as your supply air means that the check valves to the brake air tanks are not working. This is a serious problem and should be fixed as soon as possible. A truck repair facility that works on semi's can do this as they are the same check valves that semi's use.

Please don't get under the coach without cribbing in place to prevent the coach from dropping on you. Each location that is leaking should be addressed. Many of the fittings are press to remove fittings. Press in on the air line and the end of the fitting then pull the air line out of the fitting.

There should be an engine mounted air compressor on the rear of the engine (toward the front of the coach). You may also have a 120 volt air compressor. It could be mounted in a number of places. In my coach it is in the right front bay. On Tom's coach it is in the left front bay. On some they are with the generator in the front.

You many have an air throttle. If you don't the leak you heard from near the throttle could have been coming from the air brake valve under the dash. On min coach, the panel behind the brake and throttle is removed by pulling firmly outward at the top on the panel near the right side of the panel. I think that in some of the early 80's coaches, there were some screws holding the panel on.

If the six pack (leveling solenoids) fittings are leaking, it may be necessary to replace the elbow fittings with metal elbows.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote