Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air system schematic
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
Richard and Rhonda

I used enough soapy water this weekend to wash the street

Anyway, I only found one leak, at that was on the control valve for sliding the generator in and out. It was bubbling pretty good, so we'll see the impact of fixing that.

With your input, I did get a much better idea of how the air system works, and especially how you can get front to back, or side to side leveling. I didn't have a good understanding of how the ride height system worked with the leveling system. Now I do. When in ride height mode, the ride height solenoid opens to allow air to flow to the ride height valve, which in turns pressurizes or depressurizes the appropriate bag. When in leveling mode those solenoids are closed, and the up/down solenoids pressurize the appropriate tank which feeds the bag.

My biggest lack of understanding came from the wrong assumption. I had a picture of how the air system worked on my Mountain Aire. It only had one front tank and one rear tank, and the leveling was done with hydraulic jacks. The breakthrough in comprehension came when I saw that each set of air bags for an axle has it's unique tank. So, the air piping and valving to work that way is completely different than what I was thinking. The moral of the story.......there is NO substitute for crawling around under your coach.

I had my bride actuate the leveling toggles to help me identify which solenoid was connected to which toggle. I used a very sophisticated and expensive device to determine which solenoid was firing. An steel nail. When the solenoid fires it is magnetized.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote