Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air system schematic
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #10
RussWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltiming View Post
The solenoids do tend to start leaking by not fully seating with time. A year ago I replaced all 18 of my solenoids just due to age, well that and the fact that one of the dump valve was sticking closed so the right rear would not always drop.

This year I had to replace the left rear ride height valve due to the crack in the valve body. I was losing 20 psi in 12 minutes. The leak didn't show up by spraying soapy water on it. So much air was leaking out that it physically blew the water away from the valve instead of bubbling.
Michael,
Dredging up an old thread I would like to pose a question. You have replaced all 18 solenoids. I am curious just what parts that includes, surely more than just the electrical coil itself. Here is what Newell just told me about what one receives when the "solenoid" is ordered. Please just comment some more on what tends to fail with age. I want to be prepared to fix a failed valve on the road. Thanks - Newell says "
THE SOLENOID NC-5391 THAT I’M TALKING ABOUT IS MADE BY HWH THERE SIX OF THEM ON A ALUMINUM BLOCK IT INCLUDES THE COIL ,2 WIRES , ORINGS IT IS 12V ,9.5 WATTS ,PSI125 , ORIF: 3/32 ALL METAL TYPE SOLENOID ! "
By the way, the price as of 9/2010 is $103.18.
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote