Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Looking for Newell Coach Basement Air Conditioning Replacement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
tuga

Bill,

I have Newell #512 and Russ helped me out last year. My SCS AC units kept burning circuit boards; Russ helped me locate some heavy duty wires with rubber snap on connectors. I soldered them to my circuit boards and rigged up my spare circuit boards with the new heavy duty wires - hopefully I will be good to go this summer. My units are 13 years old and still going strong.

I have removed both SCS units and cleaning the coils with acid AC cleaners and rinsed throughly. My bedroom thermostat acts up occasionally but over all it works fine.

My game plan is to replace parts as needed and keep the SCS units as long as possible. I have been told that evaporator coils and condensor coils can be replaced with new ones of approximately the same size. Fan motors and compressors should be somewhat easier to find.

Newell is actively seeking replacements for these units and I am sure that they will have something to offer in the near future if not already found.

Russ has been a big help to me and many others on this forum regarding these SCS units.

Thanks Russ!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote