Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Why did you buy a Newell Coach?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
tuga

I purchased my first Newell in 1992; it was a 1987 Newell Classic 40' w/tag axle. I looked at a used Wanderlodge and a new 1992 Holiday Rambler 40'. The HR was $6000 more expensive than the 1987 Newell; and the Newell was better built, better floorplan, and the ride was superior to the HR. I used the coach for 5 years and sold it for 25% less than I paid for it (5% per year depreciation ain't bad IMHO).
My second Newell was a 1993 44' and we put 116,000 miles on it in 8 years (depreciation 6% per year).
Now I am on my third Newell; 1999 Dual slide 45' w/rear bath & a half bath. It has low miles and Karen and I love it. I will never own anything but a Newell; it just my personal choice. I will say that I looked at Prevost Liberty in Stuart, FL before buying the 1999 Newell coach. The Liberty was a 1999 45' Elegant Lady w/ no slides. It was very nice and rode like a dream; but, the Newell had more "live-ability". The slide outs and the rear bath made all the difference; there was no comparison in the two coaches - The Newell won hands down! At first I was leary of the slide outs. I had heard stories of pinched gaskets and hydraulic hoses that burst and spued oil all over the bedroom, but we must progress so I decided to dive in and just buy one. Boy, am I glad that I did. We LOVE THE SLIDE OUTS! The techs @ Newell service department tell me that the problems with slides usually manifest themselves in the first year or so; after that, they are pretty much trouble free. The extra room is wonderful My hat is off to Karl Blade and all of the employees of Newell Coach - they have made it possible for all of us to own the best motorcoach on the road, a Newell.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote