Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Why did you buy a Newell Coach?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 04:10 AM   #9
khpaladin

Prescott Valley

In contemplating retirement my 'Redhead' Wyn wanted to travel via RV, I told her you find it we'll buy it (got to keep the Mrs happy). We figured a mid-price range rig, we did not want a new unit and loose 18%-23% as soon as you leave the lot. She researched for over a year, we went to RV shows, dealers, etc. We looked at everything and could not find anything with good quality and craftsmanship. If we did find a unit she liked, I'd checked the engineering and at 6'-4" walked through the unit, needless to say I ended up taking several Tylenol. In one instant the salesman was showing us the larger than most shower with a skylight, that even I could fit in. I did fit, however, through the skylight my eyes were even with the roofline. Wyn found out about Newells and found a Newell consignment agent in Phoenix, AZ. We made an appointment and flew to Phoenix in '97, and out of the five units there the 'Redhead' fell in love with the '81 40' Newell that the consignment agent had, and it was for sale. As you can guess we bought the '81 Winter Demo right there and then. The Newell quality and craftsmanship is beyond any in the industry, and we found that Newell with very little exception is the leader in keeping on the cutting edge in quality and technology. We sold our place in California, moved into our Newell and have never looked back. In '03 shortly after we started fulltiming we had an '03 Newell park next to us at a RV park we were at. The '03 was 5' longer, 2'taller, and 6" wider, with 4 slides and all the bells and whistles. However, the owner was more enthralled with our 40' 96" wide classic coach than we were of his 3 month old coach. Aren't classics grand???

Ki
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/members/khpaladin-albums-1981-newell-40-6v92-ta.html
khpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote