Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Pantry changes
Thread: Pantry changes
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
GORDON HUMMEL

Default Pantry changes

This project started out because I have a large coffee maker that took up too much counter space. I figured it could fit in the pantry, if I modified a draw. After some measuring, I figured I could make the draw 7" deeper on the right side, if I went all the way to the wall. I could also make it 3" wider if I eliminated the doors.

By eliminating the doors, I could come out 2+". If I changed the A/C ductwork, & moved hte register out and angle it, it would blow more forward, than just cooling the microwave. This would also give me room for a small draw up top for spices.

After doing a lot of measuring, I ended up calculating I could increasing the shelf area by 70%, & cubic area by 95%.

While this in itself sounds like a winner, the real improvement was in the airflow increase.

After I moved the vent out & angled it forward, I was disappoined with the airflow. I disconnected the flexable duct from the blower to measure the airflow. It was 2-3 times greater than what was coming out the register. My only thought was the flexable pipe was the problem. I bought 2 90deg elbows & installed a 5" solid duct. What a difference! The airflow @ the register was @ least twice what it was with the flex duct.

The improvement was so great, I did the front a/c also & also realized a substancial improvement.

Gordon
Attached Images

GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote