Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air leaks in my 1987.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
encantotom

hi,

i had exactly the same problem on the brake and supply going up and down together. replaced the check valves on both tanks upfront. the valves were 22 bucks apiece. that is something i would have done at a shop. and i do alot of stuff myself.

my carpeted panels at my feet in the drivers area are not like michaels. mine have philips screws in them embedded in the carpet that have to be removed.

for some reason i didnt think that they had air throttles on that year, but i could easily be wrong. as michael said, there are several air lines under there. ones for the air brake, for the parking brake, and a number of others that just run through there.

we have all done what you are doing. replacing fittings one at a time. i too keep a bag of them in the coach. as well as some pieces of dot line.

eventually you will find most of the leaks. i know wally went through and changed essentially every fitting and valve and his stays aired up for almost forever.

we have also most of us replaced fittings and or solenoids on the leveling system. there are lots of posts on that here. if you have all of them working, that is quite amazing.

i put in a new 11ov compressor. i put pictures of mine below so you know what you are looking for. they all seem to have exactly the same one for these years. the checkvalve on the compressor is another potential source of leak as well.

i put a new pressure switch and all new lines and hardward on mine when i did it.

later

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote