Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 tag axle airbags
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
encantotom

Default 2002 tag axle airbags

seems that my tag bags needed replacing. they has some deep cracks that were not visible the first time we looked at them.

here is the hard part. what bag are they? i got the tag suspension part number from newell and then called ridewell. they said it was a discontinued suspension.
ridewell part # 2840002 tag suspension dana axle

ridewell said it supplied the suspension and newell supplied the airbags.

called boyd back and he gave me the airbag number.

he gave me.

The Ridewell part number is 1003589378C.

The Firestone part number is W01-358-9378.

This is a Firestone 1T15L-2 bellows

i exchanged messages with someone else with an 02. they gave me the same airbag part number from their receipt but said there was some issue that the mounts were 90 degrees off.

no one has any of those bags. so before i ordered them to have them made by firestone i thought i would try to look again. the bag that newell gave me has the top and bottom bolts rotated 90 degrees from each other. but.....my airbag has the top and bottom bolts in line with each other.

so i had my bus guy take one airbag off today. it is a firestone
W01-358-8908. no one has any of them either.

i called firestone and they said it was a valid part number but they dont have any either. 8 weeks to make them.

they are exactly the same bags except one has the bolts rotated 90 deg. ends up you can with considerable effort take the bottom bolt out of the bag and rotate the bottom to align up the bolts. so that is what they must have done at newell.

anyway, i am going to order the right ones and make it easy.

thought you might enjoy my adventure

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote