Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 tag axle airbags
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
RussWhite

I had a ride height valve fail once while driving, so I have an idea of what serious an air bag failure could be. A passing trucker alerted me before serious damage was done. So I see some folks replacing their air bags based on age or appearance and others that fail, and still others that are running on their original bags with no problems so far.
Making this much more difficult is the information that tends to indicate it is about impossible to know what bag works on your coach unless you remove the existing one to see what was installed. I am not too confident that records exist at Newell that will help me. My one attempt with them resulted in an email that said they did not have that information. The thought of having a failure and then having to wait a significant time to get the correct air bag is not comforting. Haveing a spare on board would make me feel a lot better.
So, all of this to just summarize what I have read and to ask if I have missed anything - like some easy way to determine what air bag I have in the three different applications on my coach. So, if it has to be removed to see what bag it is, just how hard is that to accomplish? I am sure it is no trick for Tom's bus guy with his lift and experience, but what about my chances of doing it as a DIY? Could it be accomplished by raising the coach on the bags and then blocking the body in the raised position? Then venting the air and taking things apart. With the tire and wheel still on I bet access would be miserable. All thoughts appreciated.
Thanks, Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote