Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Keeping records on your Newell coach?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrachfe View Post
Quite often even good coaches have no records as many owners toss them as they figure they are unimportant. The factory no longer provides records at all and this same liability exxtends to the minds of sellers as was said already that sometimes sellers don't want you to know what they had done. Inspection and reinspection before you buy.
Larry, you are so right. There are many great deals out there on vehicles of all types that may not have records and I'm only suggesting this as a rule of thumb. I'll be

honest if you don't have records and we are to strike a deal on my buying your vehicle, whether it be a Newell, BMW, Mercedes or Honda mini van and you do not

have descent records, I plan to use that against you in my favor. Now if I know a little bit about you and know you have everything serviced at a dealership and

maybe don't like wasting time keeping those types of records, I still respect that. And inspections can tell a lot but not always enough. Dealers especially know how to

cover stuff up, not that all do those kinds of things but it is done on a daily basis. Less now days for the most part thanks to Carfax. Now I'm also not saying some

unscrupulous individuals have not done the same. My main point would be if the unit has records, that is a super plus especially if you are paying top dollar, otherwise

adjust pricing if you see fit and inspect, inspect and inspect. Coming from a family that has owned dozens of New/used car dealerships I've been around the block a

couple times but actually enjoyed more of the parts end of things and went that direction. If we were to take a high end vehicle of any type in trade, we loved it

when folks had great records, because sometimes it is what helped make a top dollar sale. Now if you showed someone a ton of records on multiple repairs and the

vehicle was not that old, to me would be a sign of abuse, neglect or possibly a lemon like a couple of Jaguars I have owned (the one's we would throw a Chevy V-8

in)LOL.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote