Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Windshield seperating from cap
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
prairieschooner

I disagree with Richard on this one, sorry.
We had our new windshields replaced three seasons ago and our Glass has not moved. The Aluminum had been trimmed to fit the new glass prior to our purchase and the Glass was not glued in. In our case the outer corners at both windshields were "popped out", I expect that the prior installation was not performed properly.
We have run over 13,000 miles since our ownership and no movement to date, ours were in fact glued into place. I had the installers remove both Windshields and then made sure that the coach was level prior to the new windshield installation, I allowed the coach to "relax" if you will.
I agree that you should have a real good shop do this work! We had ours done at A Touch Of Glass in Yuma, AZ. They gave me a Lifetime Warranty on their work but I haven't need to go back.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote