Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Another Basement Air problem - solved
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
RussWhite

Taking no chances I have the Progressive Industries EMS hardwired and 50A voltage regulating auto-transformer. My one little moment of cool was when I was thinking about how I was going to mount the remote display for the EMS. It was provided with about 15ft of 4 conductor phone cable with the connectors wired in the opposite way from a normal phone cable. The instructions said to limit the distance to 15 ft. Hmmmm, I thought, is that because of some kind of data rate issue, or is it just so they won't have to supply a longer cable. Well I hauled out a 100 ft. cable and crimped on a new end to match the way PI did it, and hooked it up. No problem at all as the data was displayed perfectly. Now, how to get that cable up front where I wanted to be able to watch it anytime I wanted. I lead a boring life! Even getting out of the power bay was not going to be easy as everything was sealed really well, and then where would I go? But right there in the same bay was a phone jack that will never be used with my cell phone service. Just a few minutes of ringing out wries and moving a couple, and the remote would work at any jack anywhere in the coach. I ended up putting it on the back of the door for the narrow table under the big curb wide front window. Now I can open the door and watch amps and volts and HZ to my heart's content. Life is good in a Newell.
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote