Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
Wally Arntzen

Default heaters

My coach is an 88 and 40' long. It has 3 LP gas heaters, front room, kitchen and bedroom/bath. Also 3 electric heaters, bottom of dash, bath and bedroom as well as on in the lower water compartment. Engine heaters at dash, bedroom and lower water compartment. The kitchen LP heater has a vent that goes to the lower water compartment. I have a temperature read in the water compartment that I read on the dash so I always know what the temp is in the water compartment. The engine heater in the water compartment always is adequeate when on the go and the electric heater is more that enough when pluged in or running the gererator. The main concern when using my coach in cold weather is that you have to be pluged in or have the generator running to keep the engine heater running or the engine will not start below 40 degrees due to the use of 40 weight oil with the 8V92 engines. You may have the series 60 which is different story. Good luck and just keep chipping away at the concerns your having, you have a great coach and you will learn to love it.
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote