Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
hlfdzn

Hello Michael,

I too saw the optional fog light wiring, which brings up another question. Where did Newell attach the fog lights? I've looked at the generator space for possible mounting locations but as you mentioned don't want to deal with having to move lights or wiring to pull out the gen unit. I'm now thinking of attaching something to the steel frames that the headlights are using. That would also localize all my lighting wiring to one area.

One other issue I have is that I've made a front rock guard out of PVC and hardware cloth to protect the front end on the Alaska travels. Rock damage is a way of life up there and it worked well on our round trip last year. I'll have to incorporate the aux lighting into that also.

My thoughts on the spare wires are that since the black wire was much larger, it's probably the power and the others might be the switch & ground wires all running to a local relay although with all the relays mounted inside on the board, I wasn't sure if Newell would do that.

Why did Newell install vents when they were not going to use them? It just seems like an unneded expense. I'd sure like to know the original thinking... Regardless, thank you for passing on your discoveries on the controls, I'm going to see what I come up with using them and will let you know.

No ceiling fan in our unit...probably a good thing with the limited headroom, otherwise I'd probably have some new notches in my head. I'm going to do some more electrical testing today to see what I can come up with.

The red aisle lights were ordered on my coach. We don't really use them much so won't mess with them, but I like the red as it doesn't ruin your night vision while you're running down the road yet allows others to move around and see where they are going. With our poor lighting situation, I need all my night vision I can get.

Wally, when you were dry camping in cold weather, did you find it necessary to keep the generator running all night long or just several hours before getting ready to start the engine? I'm concerned that the normal electrical requirements of the refer, lights, etc. coupled with the furnaces will necessitate the running of the generator just to get through the cold nights.
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote