Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch...
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
Wally Arntzen

Default Running generator in cold weather

When traveling in cold weather if I am not pluged in I run the generator all night long with the engine heater on as well. The 8v92 engines do not start in cold weather due to the heavy oil and its not wise to keep cranking to try make it happen. I'm from Minnesota and I use my coach all year long and cold weather has never been a reason not to take it out. On one occaision I ran my generator for 7 days 24 hours a day and that is not a problem. This occaision was in very hot weather and it was necessary to stay cool. The dash air on my coach will not cool the coach and I run two of the coach units while on the road and all three when Im parked depending on how hot it is.
Regarding the heating and air conditioning units, I replaced all of my electric units and had all of my furnaces serviced and there is nothing in my coach that does not work. I'm kind of a fanatic about having everything doing what it is supposed to do.
Good luck and just keep chipping away and you will learn to love your newell.
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote