Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Anyone installed an Atwood LP/electric/heat exchange water heater?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
The Newell

Hi Jon & Chris,

Where is your water heater leaking from? The Raritan water heaters are known for sticking and leaking Pressure relief valves
You can tell if the TP valve(Temperature Relief) is opening by putting a container under the outlet. If you find water in it, the TP valve has opened at some point in the recent past and will need to be replaced.

The pressure relief valve is set to open at 75 PSI or 205 degrees F. The manufacturer of the relief valve (Watts Controls) states that once the pressure relief valve has opened, they cannot and will not guarantee that it will ever hold the pressure again after it has closed. So, putting that in simple terms, it means that once it has opened from either pressure or heat - it must be replaced. Even though it may close when the pressure or overheating is back to normal, the relief valve now isn't any good and will need to be changed.

Also what is the model number your looking to install of the Atwood LP Hot Water Heater?

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote