Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1990 Newell w/ 8v92ta . Cooling issues
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #11
marcg007

Default followup

Just posting a follow up incase anyone has similar issues in the future.

installed the newer rom in the ddec. i broke the first ddec ii cover screw, i then soaked all again an waited over night. next morning 2nd screw broke an then 3rd on an on. tried screwdriver an impact, all broke. after rom replaced i used some 5/8 in length self tappers to fasten back together. sealed it up nice.

i cleaned the radiator 2 times with gunk foam degrease, 2 times with full strength simple green safe for alum. i started an let fan blow foam degrease or simple green into radiator. waited 30min an i then power washed within reason the 2nd -4th time cleanings. both sides of radiator every time. Alot of stuff came out, BUT, i realized after i pulled the radiator that there was still was alot more that i could never probably remove.

so the temp gauge was off 22deg f when the vmspc indicated 180deg f. but she continually kept rising, an after about 40 min we where eat 205deg indicating on vmspc temp. at that point my analog gauge read 240. so that was 35degf off, assuming the temp coolant sender was correct.

At this point i went straight into thought of getting the radiator professionally cleaned & flushed an tested. when we pulled it there was definite scale buildup inside the tanks looking down at the core. the whitish scale was near most cooling ports. definite blockage so i brought it to a radiator shop.

also i was happy to see there was no oil slick in the coolant. no slime. no gel indicating silicate drop out. i saved some of the coolant an will find a place to have it tested.

while the radiator is being worked on i am replacing all the belts, water pump, thermostats, coolant temp sensor, an multiple radiator hoses while the radiator is out.

incase the radiator repair seems to be to much, where is a good place to obtain a new radiator or new core? so far over on bus conversion dot*** i seen most speak of detroit radiator corp. any other suggestions on where i can find a replacement radiator or core replacement?

thanks all to have responded, mrE

marc
marcg007 is offline   Reply With Quote