Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 4-speed lockup?
Thread: 4-speed lockup?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
encantotom

hi forest,

after i replaced a head (and it wasnt from my driving, but the PO), i got paranoid. i ran a bunch of wires from the front dash area to the engine compartment. i put in two new temp senders. one on the drivers where there was a plug. (right below the sender for the DDEC) and i replaced the one on the passenger side. then i put in a digital temp gauge from cyberdyne and put a switch on the gauge to switch between the two senders. so i can measure the temp on each bank. they were not calibrated for my application so i at first calculated the thermistor curve of temp vs ohms and then reality got the best of me, i built a parrarel resisitive network on each sender at the dash switch and put a adjustable pot there and darlene dials in the temps when we are driving compared to the DDEC. crude, but it works. now i am confident of what each banks temp is. i also installed a pyrometer post turbo (cause that was easiest for me) and i watch all the temps now. the ddec (which i highly recommend getting the silverleaf software and adapter cable), the pyro and both banks temp gauges.

i am a geek, i know it.

tom in muggy charlottsville virginia being leaderized at the university of darden. i dont know how y'all handle the humidity.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote