Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Mastervolt is a Leader in Lithium-ION 12 and 24 Volt Battery Technology for RV Marine
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Billy Bussman

The media does not tell the whole story and is screwing things up as usual and I don't care who they are whether it's CNN, MSNBC, USATODAY-- they are just not telling the people what they need to know--that the batteries in the Boeing are NOT the same as the batteries powering EV's, starting different vehicle systems i.e. and that there are numerous types of LiON batteries in use just like MrE posted pointed out above.

There was a time that the Tesla used this same risky Cobalt Oxide (CoO2 cells) chemistry but when they stopped production of the Tesla Roadster they changed to a more safe manganese spinel (LiMn2O4) cathodes.

This is all spelled out in detail in this article which gives the scientific facts that the media and other powers to be are avoiding informing the public:

Boeing 787 Batteries Same As Those In Electric Cars? Umm, No | Popular Science

Failure to point this out is like saying that ALL internal combustion engine technologies--such as gasoline, diesel, steam, etc are the same thing just because they burn fuel to propel a vehicle.

Obviously the media are NOT scientists and haven't a clue when they write or broadcast about these things which then ends up propelling MYTHS about realities. Shame on the media.

I would like to clear the air on the original poster here and say these Mastervolt Batteries - Are a superb product! I look forward to them becoming competitive while staying very safe.