Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Santa Fe, NM in the Fall
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #43
folivier

Default In Amarillo

Left yesterday at noon:20, got to Baton Rouge and had to detour around an 18 wheeler hanging off of the approach to I-10 ( about 100 feet off the ground, found out the trailer later fell). His load was scattered along the approach ramps below him. Major jam!
Got into Tyler, Tx around 9:30pm. Thought we would spend the night at a roadside park. Never again. I heard every car and truck pass. My tire alarm started going off, figured I had a flat. Nope found out that the sensor was bad. Of course that didn't help me sleep . Pulled out at 4am, got through Dallas ok. Made quite a few stops just to keep awake. (Cindy really needs to learn to drive!)
Had a nice, tiring drive to Amarillo. Ate a great steak at Big Texan. Sitting outside at the Oasis RV park just west of Amarillo. Should have a 5 hour drive tomorrow.
Decided it was not a good idea to drum my fingers on the armrest. Managed to turn off my headlights. Major wake-up call trying to find the right switch as I panic stopped on the shoulder! Mind doesn't work as quick as usual when I'm exhausted. Tomorrow will be a relaxing drive into Santa Fe, if that dumba** behind the wheel doesn't do anything else stupid.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote