Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air Bags
Thread: Air Bags
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Neweller

Mike, I have changed a few dozen air bags on big rigs over the years and on these Newell's it is not much different. Your rears should be one part number including the tag suspension and the fronts another. I should have the different part numbers in my computer at home and will check when I arrive back unless I can get them from NewellCrazy, I know he has most of the specs on this stuff in his black book. lol. The problem I have been hearing though on these Newell's is there were multiple part numbers used in any given year, and it is best to actually grab the part number off the bag itself at then match or cross-reference them that way. I have used mostly Firestone brand, as well as Goodyear. The Firestones tend to be the best bang for the buck. I may have a source for you right there in Canada. When I was wholesaling automotive and truck parts I compiled over 8000 plus clients in my database and a couple hundred were in the Canadian Region. I'll take a peak at who is a stocking dealer here shortly. So, it's very possible to get them local. The part numbers are shared with different makes and models of larger rigs with air suspension. Keith might even have a known source in Alberta. Let's see what we can come up with. Prices from independent suppliers will be in the $90-135 range for the fronts and on average the larger rears will be about another $25 additional. Not near as much money as one would thing. Change out is maybe 15-30 minutes each depending on your experience and whether or not you are using air tools etc.... I'm going to be picking up four larger air/hydraulic jacks this summer and if or when folks are coming through the area, pull a coach in and do a number on it. I've got a bay in the new warehouse that will be called Newell Lane.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote