Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - First oil change!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
folivier

Default First oil change!

Just completed my first oil change. I keep the coach at my house under a cover attached to my barn. I recently extended the rear of the cover 5'. This gave me about 4' without slab which is a 4' "mini-pit". I was able to use a wal-mart tub to catch the oil, installed the Fumoto valve (should make the next change easier), changed the filter. Surprised when I loosened it and about a quart leaked out. Fortunately I had a bucket under it to catch the filter since I knew it would be full. Pre-filled the filter and installed it. I added 6 gallons, showed full. Ran engine a few minutes, checked level and it is about 3/4 of the way up from the L to the H mark. The amount removed is about 6 gallons. Hmmm, I thought it would be closer to 7 gallons, Does this sound right?When I bought it last year the dealer changed the oil and it showed about 1/2" above the H mark on the dipstick. Over 4500 miles the engine used/burnt this oil (my Miata was covered in oil/crud when we got to Creede, not as bad when we got home). I'll watch the level closely the next couple trips.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote