Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Multi Symptom Generator problem
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
tuga

I'll be doing that this morning Richard. I know that the ambient temps were high but I have been using the coach in this parking spot for the last 5 years, and this is the first time that the operatiing temp was this high. After I change my filters and oil this morning, I am going to test the operating temps again by letting it run for a few hours with the front end lowered all the way down to simulate the parking spot at LSU. If it overheats again (which I think it will) I will start to examine the thermostat, remove radiator and have it rodded and cleaned, & check the blower for proper air flow.

Tommy at Newell suggested reducing the air intake in the p/s bay by installing a piece of aluminum that would cover half of the vent in the door. I will try that if the above fails.

I agree with you and others that it is a fuel problem. I have ordered a new 12v fuel pump from Kohler and if that doesn't do the trick I will check the water pump next (thank you HoosierDaddy). Some of my Prevost buddies have had this issue and in all 3 cases the fuel pump was the culprit, so that is why I am attacking that first.

How is your project going with your series 60?
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote