Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Black water valve question
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
tuga

[QUOTE=David and Teresa;3449]OK, I had a little time before it got dark today.

I have a passenger dump air-valve which looks like it dumps the waste tank (grey and black water together, right. no separate grey water tank) through a bottom opening on the chassis.

Then on the driver side, I have a hand operated valve (the one that won't fully close) on the waste tank and an air operated valve downstream from this (where the hose hooks). I'm assuming that when hooked up and letting the grey water dump while holding the black, the hand operated valve must be closed. I saw the two screws on the top which to take it apart.

Now, on the passenger side there is also a hose bib input to the top of the waste tank. There is a yellow valve handle. I am guessing that you can fill the tank from here if you are flushing it for cleaning. I'm wondering if I should fill the tank and then dump and maybe the pressure will force any solids (if that's what's wrong) from the driver side valve.

David,

I have coach #512 so I have the same setup as you do. The hand operated sewer valve does not fully close because toilet paper accumulates in the ridge where the black rubber sewer PADDLE seats inside the valve body. If you open both the air valve and the manual valve on the driver's side you can rinse out the manual valve where the paddle seats with a garden hose. Repeat this rinsing out process several times until the manual paddle seats completely. Of course your waste tank must be completely drained first.

I did this and it worked, but it is now time to repeat the process because the darn thing is not seating again.

Actually, the valve should be mounted so that the valve shaft is pointing east/west instead of south. That would prevent anything from getting caught on the ridge that the paddle seats into.

IF ANYONE AT NEWELL IS LISTENING THIS NEEDS TO BE RE-ENGINEERED. ALL 3 OF MY NEWELLS HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM. That manual valve shaft needs to open/close east or west not south.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote