Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Windshield seperating from cap
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #13
jwe648

For what it's worth I'll chime in... In my quest of replacing the windshields on my previously owned 74' three windshields were broken and I purchased all the seal that Newell had in stock..(sorry) But what I discovered was that the seal & glass was made by a different manufacture than the original. What that ment was it didn't fit the hole and tried to pop out on the bottom outside corners. THe glass was broken trying to cut the glass..(hard to do) The seal was larger which did't help.. Causing the glass to not sit properly and to pop out. The end fix was to trim the hole to fit the glass & seal.. problem solved.. for me... What I noticed before the glass set properly there was a slight bulge of the glass behond the skin.. this indiates the glass is not seating properly.. with the holes correctly trimmed the glass set back in conture with the skin,, For what it's worth.... RV Glass Solutions has the seal and would most likley would reseal the windshields... they also reseal the double pane side glass that have fogged..
jwe648 is offline   Reply With Quote