Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 89 Newell for Sale
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #17
Dave-n-Marjorie

I do agree with the oil analysis. After I wrote a $10,000 deposit on my Newell, the sale was contingent on oil and trans analysis. Now the Series 60 only had 65k miles, but I did it anyway. I have never heard of that till I read it on this site and have owned over a dozen diesel rv’s and never had it done. I don’t think our dealership has ever had one request in 5 years and thousands of diesel rv sales including some Newells, Prevosts, and Foretravels. It seems to be more a Newell forum thing than whats normal in the industry.

Nothing is for certain. If someone wants to trick you they will. The DD diesel mechanic told me the easy way to beat an analysis is to just change the oil, or even ½ the oil and trans fluid if you didn’t want to spend a lot of money. That throws the analysis right out the window.

I know we all are trying to protect each other, but also we need to think not everything is a scam. That guy selling the 89 could easily fool and scam us if he wanted too. He could install brand new cheap Chinese tires, new wal-mart batteries, change the oil and trans fluid, and advertise it for $29k and the ad would read “New tires, batteries, needs nothing, full inspections encouraged with deposit”. Some buyer will get all excited and get the analysis done and feel great about their deal. They drive off in the sunset, and never have an issue, or maybe have lots of issues. Who knows for certain. Any used vehicle is a risk, no matter how old or new.

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote