Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - combo or stackable washer dryer which work better
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
fulltiming

As to the original question, which works better, the stacked units are larger and if the dryer is 240 volts "work better". Space issues may dictate a different answer. If you run 1 or two small loads per day, the combo unit will likely work well for you. If you store up your laundry and want to do a lot of laundry in one day, you need to either go to a laundromat or at least have stacked units. By drying one load while washing another, you can significantly reduce the time required. We used to put a load on in our combo unit and leave. We don't do that anymore. We had a load of laundry catch on fire during the dry cycle. Fortunately, I was in the coach and smelled something burning. Couldn't find anything until I opened the closet door and saw flames inside the combo. Now we shut off everything but the A/C units when we leave. I don't think I would now leave a dryer running while I was gone regardless of what brand or type (stacked or combo). Heck, now we turn off the dryer at home when we leave for a hour or two.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote