Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Battery "Exploded"
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
Neweller

Forest I do agree with you on using baking soda just as Steve mentioned prior. It does work very good as well, I just found that CLR worked better many times over for me on some things I had cleaned with it. For example when I use baking soda and warm water, it would rinse the corrosion off but I needed to use a brush and a couple of applications to get the desired results. When I used CLR, a lot of times I didn't need to brush anything and with a simple rinse I was done. I have found that CLR or a like product eats away the deeper corrosion.

Something I would not do is to try and rinse a blown open battery while still in the vehicle. I would remove all batteries in that compartment first. Now if a guy wanted to save money, use the baking soda and warm water to do the initial rinse of the acid, then apply the CLR. I have let CLR set for 24 hours many times and then rinse the item for it to come out beautiful.

Here is an at home example; actually on a range in one of my rental houses. The oven quit working do to some bugs getting into the timer doing their hatching messes or something which caused corrosion (gross I know). I took the timer out and tried to just rinse it off and nothing would break loose, I then put the timer submerged in a plastic tray of CLR covered with a lid letting it sit overnight. Came back the next day, took it out, rinsed it off and it looked like brand new. I blew it off with air and let it sit until the next day at which time I reinstalled it and it worked perfect saving me $80.00.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote