Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Options for Internet On The Road
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
RussWhite

I think you will find that for mobile internet connectivity the only game in town is cellular data systems. To my knowledge there are no satellite in motion options for internet data as that is by definition, a two way transmission and the size and power of a dish to uplink is presently just not practical.
The cellular systems provide great service and reasonable economy when within the footprint of a cellular provider. That siutation just gets better as the cell coverage increases.
But there are definitely places with no cellular coverage and if you want the internet there a stationary satellite either moutned on the roof or on a tripod will do the trick.
For a variety of reasons, satellite internet is less ideal than mobile broadband; it’s significantly more expensive, you can only access the internet when you’re stationary, and there can be latency issues and decreased download speeds during peak hours (4-10pm) or in inclement weather conditions.

My solution has been Verizon's MIFI 2200 and an unlimited data plan that I am grandfathered into. Since I am mobile if I find myself out of cell service, I just move
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote