Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Newell Coach Squish Effect. Values?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #32
Neweller

You guys are right, the classics are kind of drying up for some reason. I'm wondering maybe if it could be the anti-squish effect. Most are owned free against any kind of leans and many folks are not willing to give them away and just decide to keep them. I know a couple of owners who keeping there classic's around even though they bought a newer coach.

There are those guys that decided to garage their muscle cars after replacing them once upon a time and now just take them out for a chill fest.

There are several advantages to owning them just like with bus conversions. Look at the cost of registration and insurance on a classic vs. a newer coach. It's huge in most states. The same goes for taxes and many repairs. In some states after a certain age you can get permanent plates on them for a small one-time fee.

So, imagine you owned one that was completely gone through, had updated equipment and so on....., ownership from the point on as long as you were satisfied with what you had, would be extremely reasonable, leaving a lot of change left to go travel in the off season.

Maybe we should have started a thread called the Anti-Squish Effect?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote