Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch...
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #8
encantotom

hi,

i have replaced the floor lights. they are 12volts and in mine are license plate lights units you can buy at any autosupply store for 4-5 bucks. very easy and fast to do.

as for the heaters, i have a 38' and have 3 lp heaters and 4 electric heaters and the coolant ones in the bed and bay. the perfectoe heater that is under the couch worked fine but i contacted the manufacturer and they told me they had been recalled and were dangerous, but that the recall was over. they still make identical sized replacements so i bought one along with a newer better thermostat that i am going to install when i put the couches back in.

my coolant heater under the bed wasnt working and i found the ground wire totally not connected in the electrical bay directly underneat it. it was a wire about 5 feet long just coiled and zip tied up. i have no idea why it wasnt connected. i grounded it and it works fine now.

the other 3 heaters are from a company that is not in business. two of mine are flakey so i will look to find a suitable replacement. it is lower on my list to do.

my 3 lp furnaces are dometic and one works great and the other two are flakey. i found the manual and have yet to spend much time other than cleanng them. mine come on and try to start 3 times then just stop trying to fire. i am going to take out the good one, take it apart and totally clean it and then use it for parts to see what fixes the other two. i plan on making a hose that will go from a bbq propane tank and hook it up sitting on the driveway and troubleshoot it that way. i think it is most likely a themocouple, but might be the solenoid gas valve. they worked intermittantly then stopped.

my kitchen lp heater also has a vent that goes into the bathroom and the lower water tank bay. i like wallys idea of putting a temp gauge in the water bay to see what temp it is. i might do that as well. good idea.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote