Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Replacing Amana side by side in 2001 coach
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #5
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Thank you for your help!
We having all kinds of problems now with the Ice Storm in our area ! lost power 3 days ago and might go for another 5 days 1 than huge floods in the valley!
We lost the power at the storage so the coach is running non stop on the generator for past 3 days keeping 50F
Big 120' pine fell on our house damaging the roof , lost tons of trees just big mess in wrong time!

Richard , thanks you and others for the tips and help! since our entire town is with out power we made trip to bigger city and check some fridge and you are right the cunter depth is the way to go! I called newell and they said : remove the screen door you will save about 2 " ( I was going to do this first ) I wish I could remove the big round molding around the air main dooor black arm , but they said not to!

We loved the amana configuration side by side ( when comes to spending that 3000$ you want at list somthing what would work for you!

So far looks like Sears carry some good fitting brands S by S Samsung, FrigidAire and one more! biggest problem is the haight ! we need 69" or under , most of them are 70" + and the depth ! in my 2001 small mod can be made at the bottom 7" space between floor where our central vac is located but it would save very litlle space!
Newell said dont mess with the top section, you dont want to cut any cabinetry there since you will loose structure strenght there!

I do have huge favor to ask you!

Okay so I have removed the door section ( right one ) left one ( freezer part ) at the botoom corner water hose is attched to the door ! I need to remove it as well as the main water hose in the back of it!

I can not find the shot off valve ? I look in the bay area where all the utilty valves are but none of them say Fridge ? on/off
Is any of you would know where else to look for?

I dont want to flood my coach not cutting the water off! I want to try to remove the old fridge out and getting as much out of it ,

And, yes only way to remove is to turn side ways ( depth ) and move it that way!

Also I was thinking , perhaps if I did remove the wheels from under, I could save aother 1" or so of height!

istr so crussial to get the height and depth right otherwise wonts fit!

I messured the depth the other day with out the pulling it out! and came to my surprise like standard depth , I could not belive my eyes , so happy did not thsink the old one was all the way in! i pulled out and the Generator big 6" pipe is running up to the roof right in the center part of the fridge ! so yes, its will only fit say 24" depth fridge with out the doors !
And that is cunter depth style fridge!

If i can find the shut off water for thet fridge I will be one step forward!

Thank you for any help you might have!

By May we should be on the road for few years, but I have to clear all the damages from thsi ice storm !

Best,
Les

2001 Newell #582
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote