Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - brake air leak
Thread: brake air leak
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
rheavn

Charlie,
Hopefully you located all of your air tanks & got them drained. On my coach I have 8 air tanks to drain. Since your tanks were full of water I would check all of them with an ultrasonic leak detector to make sure they have remained air tight. You haven't filled out your profile so I don't know where in the country you are located, but if you are near Branson, MO I could check them for you.
Part of being a new owner of a Newell is learning how no two Newells are the same. I do not have an air compressor in the generator bay. My 110V air compressor(marked as a Jun-Air 500) is located next to the generator blower in the 1st basement bay on the passenger side. Yours may be located in the generator bay. I haven't plumbed the pump out, but I believe it provides air to the entire air system. I base this on the fact that when I had the leak at the air brake pedal valve my 110V compressor ran every ten minutes. Once I fixed the leak my compressor runs about twice in a 24 hr period. How often does your 110V air compressor run? This will give one an idea of the severity of a leak problem.

Hope this helps......................