Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Heart Interface EMS 2800-12 Inverter quit!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #13
RussWhite

Hi Tuga,

Just some thoughts for you....

From your post you seem to indicate that your inverter was inverting at the time of its failure. Normally when one is using power from the post or from the generator the inverter is in bypass mode and not inverting. So I am going to assume you were not on the power post or the generator.

Your 2500 watt inverter if it were 100% efficient, which it isn't, could would use about 208 amps to produce those 2500 watts. Newell does a pretty good job of keeping us from overloading the inverter by limiting the number of devices that can receive power from it. I have not taken the time to determine if I used all those devices at once ( refrigerator, oven, entertainment, water pump, etc. ) could I actually consume more than 2500 watts. It is sometime to think about. You wouldn't have to go too far over considering inefficiency of the inverter to get to the rating of the fuse at 300 amps.
As you say, you could have a short to ground somewhere, but 300 amps would make quite a spark and noise I would think as it faulted to ground.

Good luck and I will watch this thread and try to answer any questions you have. Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote